While working on my games I find resources that are helpful. On this page I’ll share them by category, hopefully they will help other game developers as well.
Game Design Document Resources
- This Unity thread has a few links to example GDD documents
- Iron Belly Studio’s has a GDD template
- Tom Sloper’s format for a GDD
- An article on Gamasutra about what should be in your GDD
- Wikipedia: GDD
- Another post about why you need a GDD
- Tigsource has a nice community and a lot of resources, at the forums you can also post your devblogs
- subreddit /r/devblogs/ for all your devblogs
- subreddit r/IndieDev/ for all kinds of indiedev related subjects. Finding people, etc.
- If you are dutch, you should definitely check out Dutch Game Garden